The start of a dog’s life is incredibly important, forming a foundation for the rest of your dog’s life. Team K9’s Puppy Preschool has been designed to give your puppy a great foundation during this critical time, helping it grow to become a well-rounded dog.
Puppy preschool is a 5-week program specifically designed for puppies between the ages of 8 to 16 weeks. It covers puppy socialisation, obedience training, environmental desensitisation, as well as providing information on body language and diet.
With a maximum of 8 puppies per class, the intimate structure ensures that every owner receives the direction they need. Practical training techniques are used so participants can easily continue using them after completing the course.
Benefits for the puppy:
- Socialisation with other puppies and humans
- Exposure to different environments, items and situations
- Early obedience training
- Confidence building
- Bond building with their humans
Benefits for the owners:
- Learning how to handle and train your puppy
- Learn about canine communication
- Learn about puppy health and hygiene
- Learn about appropriate equipment and toys
- Learn strategies to help prevent problems and unwanted behaviour
- Meeting other puppy owners
- Building a bond with their puppy through learning and training
Puppy Preschool classes are held at Morang South Primary school (77 Gorge Rd, South Morang), regardless of the weather.
We also offer Private Puppy Preschool whereby we come to you!
Full payment of the $180 course fee is required prior to your course start date. Please note that Puppy Preschool classes are non-refundable (notes will be provided if you’re unable to attend a class).
Booking in advance is required – you can find the next available starting dates here.
proof of your puppies first vaccination (required). If we do not see proof of this, we are unfortunately unable to allow you to participate in the class.
- Wear comfortable clothes and flat shoes (no open toes)
- Puppies must be on a leash and standard flat collar.
- Bring treats for your dogs.